fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] TortoiseCVS "Case" error

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] TortoiseCVS "Case" error
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:28:26 -0700

Hi Rhiannon

I had the same problem from home last weekend but then forgot about it.
I looked into it and its been the subject of discussion on savannah:

http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103123

The "cvs.exe" delivered with TortoiseCVS version 1.6.13 seems to be the problem.

Unfortunately you'll have to update TortoiseCVS.
I don't have a windows machine around right now so if updating does work for you could you send an email to the list with the version that worked so everyone else knows which version to use.

Thanks,

Mark

Rhiannon Gwyn wrote:
Hi again...

I'm so sorry to do this, I've been appallingly slow
and now I've got some more stupid problems to trouble
you with. I'm having trouble updating and compiling
files. When I try to update I get  an error message
that says:
unrecognized request `Case'

Error, CVS operation failed

and trying to compile I found I needed pstricks.sty,
then pstricks.tex, now pstricks.con which looks like
it needs input from someone who knows what they're
doing to make it work. Clearly I don't know what I'm
doing, so I'm embarrassed and hoping you can help?

Rhiannon
--- Mark Horner <address@hidden> wrote:

Excellent.

When you get round to latexing the book I would
strip down the physics.tex file where the
chapters are included to just the chapters you are
interested in - makes things much faster.

If you compile main.tex you'll see everything.

Mark

Rhiannon Gwyn wrote:

Hi again!! It's working, will get back to you later

on

what I'll be doing (should do some of my physics

for a

bit...) Thanks again

Rhiannon

=====
By the roots of my hair some god got hold of me.
I sizzled in his blue volts like a desert prophet.
The nights snapped out of sight like a lizard's

eyelid:

A world of bald white days in a shadeless socket.
A vulturous boredom pinned me in this tree.
If he were I, he would do what I did.

Sylvia Plath

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn
Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

Windows 9x, NT & 2K is a 32 bit extension and a
graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit
of competition.

=====