fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] meters per second and other LaTeX macros to be...

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] meters per second and other LaTeX macros to be...
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:56:23 +0100

Marc Krawitz wrote:
> Apparently \mathrm{m.s^{-1}} is ideal, since it formats the units in roman
> font without trying to interpret it as text.

ok cool... \ms now does this instead.

we should maybe even consider using macros for things like momentum, energy and
all the other standard variables. it means we can do a global replace of all the
symbols in a single place, making it easier in the future for people to convert
it into another country's preferred way of doing things. and helping consistency
in a big way.

cheers,
Sam
--