fhsst-maths

FHSST-Maths: April Progress Report

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: FHSST-Maths: April Progress Report
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 18:21:06 +0100

hi everyone,

we got quite a bit done this month, well done to everyone who has sent their bit to me for April. here is the summary and some feedback for you

Differentiation:
Clare has completely updated the old notes! and added figures.. well done!

Patterns:
Frans added some examples and analogies. these are great frans, but i am slightly concerned about the setting... remember our target audience isn't all city kids. in fact quite the opposite... so using cinemas/restaurants/email as examples may not be the optimal thing to say. could you please reword the examples to be more generic? if you can, please do what the syllabus says and have them "in the context of HIV/AIDS, labour disputes, human rights, social, economical, cultural, political and environmental issues." sorry... its in the syllabus! :-D

Linear Equations:
Riana has sent me the RTF for this... good work! i like the examples and the way you build stuff up stage at a time. though it might be best to say "foo's friend, bar" instead of "your friend joseph". i don't know a joseph! :-) i always think it is good practice to do a "with numbers" version of every equation below any one which is "just letters". i haven't added this yet as i'm still waiting for the LaTeX, but well done!

Numbers:
I added the much needed arithmetic section and am currently editing this furher with helen. shes already given me a red-penned version and i need to transcribe it

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts