fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Rethinking Knowledege Building

From: janne . pietarila
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Rethinking Knowledege Building
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 18:40:48 +0200

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:35:46AM +0200, Teemu Leinonen wrote:
> (2) Make it possible to create links between several notes. Actually
> this is an old idea.
>
> When writing a note you could select several notes on what your note is
> related with. There is not any simple way to implement this in a web
> browser UI.

We already do that in Jamming (Diverge and Converge) using only HTML.
Of course, selecting the notes in KB must be be done in some other way.

> Actually, only sensible way would be to have some kind of
> track and drop UI where user could draw links between the notes. Maybe
> this could be implemented with SVG, Flash, Java, DHTML, etc.? The first
> version of this kind of "map view" could just be another alternative
> view (thread, author, knowledge type, date) to the KB. Later, when the
> multiple linkking will work, it could replace the thread view.

Tarmo mentioned creating individual links between the notes. How do we
make sure that there is no confusion between personal and common links?
One specifies only common links when creating a new note and personal
links can be edited any time?

Would the annotation of the links be useful? Or some pre-defined
(editable?) set(s) of "roles" for links?

Let's add to the list of bad words (SVG, Flash, etc.) two more:
frames and VRML/X3D.

--
Janne Pietarila