fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Knowledge building UI refactoring

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Knowledge building UI refactoring
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:59:15 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Tarmo Toikkanen wrote:
> I made a quick screen shot at
> http://turing.uiah.fi/tarmo/fle_new_layout.png for those who haven't
> configured CVS to work. The "Censor" button isn't shown, but will
> appear to the left of the "Create link on WebTop" button. Any comments
> are welcome.

I agree that we shouls keep on the idea of action widgets of objects under
the objects.

However, I think the "create link on WbTop" -button's location in the
current UI is actuaally pretty good (maybe I say so because I like the
function). But, I don't see "create link" action similar action as edit,
copy/paste etc. For me the linking is more "building" hypertext than
action.

Curretly the "create link on WbTop" -button points nicely to the location
path. The same button is also in Jamming and Course Folder, and I think
its location should be consistent.

The "who has read this note" -links should be relicaated. It's a nice
little feature but no mean very essential. Somewhere down part of the note
is good.

Anyway, let's see what Giedre says.

        - Teemu