fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Create new knowledge type set: Software Lifecycle

From: Cormac McClean
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Create new knowledge type set: Software Lifecycle
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:00:27 -0500

Hi Teemu,

> > (We're considering using Jamming to store the source code files, which
> > provides a form of version control, although I wonder if simply adding
> > the files to the web tops would be more appropriate.)
>
> We have thought that Jamming is a kind of CVS for the rest of us. I know
> some people are using Jamming in programming course to share and make
> versions of their source code. In your case I would rather use Jamming
> than WebTop for version control. For more advanced students I would then
> introduce the "real CVS".

Am I right in thinking that only the teacher can start a new jam
session? If the students on my software courses are working in groups
and want to start a jam session to store their source code, can they
do it?

What I can do for now is get them to send me a copy of their source
code, start a jam session for them and then they can add further
versions. It would be nice to allow them to start their own session.

Regards,
Cormac.

--
Cormac McClean.
Lecturer, Athlone IT Software Engineering