Re: [Fluid-dev] multiple sound cards

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [Fluid-dev] multiple sound cards
Date: 19 Jul 2003 18:49:18 +0200

Like Frank Barknecht mentioned it probably is the case of your sound
card only allowing specific audio parameters. You could use the "plug"
layer of ALSA to create a virtual device that would be more flexible in
regards to audio parameters. The "plug" layer is what is used for the
"default" device, except it uses the default sound card only. Have a
look at the ALSA user docs (the Wiki has some stuff on asoundrc) to
create a plug device for your second sound card. I'm not really familiar
with this stuff myself, so I can't give you more specifics. Cheers.
        Josh