Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid 1.0.2 compile problems

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid 1.0.2 compile problems
Date: 22 Jul 2003 05:08:17 +0200

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 17:25, Edenyard wrote:
> Please could someone help me out with this one.
>
>    I downloaded version 1.0.2 of Fluid, hoping that the problems that
> I'd been experiencing with V1.0.1 (locking up my PC solidly every
> half-hour or so) would be gone. Unfortunately I can't get it to compile.
> The './configure' doesn't seem to throw up any errors, but these are the
> last few lines of error I get when doing 'make':

Looking at the code, I think your compiler wants that variable to be
defined at the beginning of a code block '{'. This is actually the way
things are for C, so I'm guessing its not a C++ compiler, which is fine.
I've attached a patch which should fix this problem. Concerning the lock
ups, the ones I have most commonly experienced are due to maxed out CPU
usage when running SCHED_FIFO (as root). Some of the previous versions
of FluidSynth had some CPU consumption problems, but it also had
problems running in SCHED_FIFO (at least on my machine). So this version
might fix your problem. There are still issues with playing too many
notes with long decays, and it seems the best way to fix that,
currently, is to set the max number of voices to a value that won't
exceed max CPU. Cheers.
        Josh Green