[fluid-dev] Starting Fluidsynth by script

From: Edenyard
Subject: [fluid-dev] Starting Fluidsynth by script
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:47:04 +0100

        Please could someone help me out of this hole!

When I want to run Fluid synth, I open an Xterm and type 'fluidsynth </path/to/soundfont>' and off it goes, showing its shell prompt. Then I open another Xterm and run the programme that feeds MIDI data to Fluidsynth. So far, so good.

What I really would like to do is to have one script file that I run that firstly runs Fluidsynth and then runs the other MIDI-generating programme once Fluidsynth is up and running.

So far, I've tried the '-i' switch for Fluid but that doesn't seem to have the desired effect. When I run that, I get one line output on the Xterm saying "** Using format s16, rw, interleaved" but there is no sign of Fluidsynth running and ALSA Patch Bay shows no input to Fluid. Please, what am I doing wrong?

        Cheers,

                Gerald.