[fluid-dev] Keyboard split via router commands?

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: [fluid-dev] Keyboard split via router commands?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:12:39 -0700 (PDT)

I was contacted recently by a FluidGUI user who is interested in configuring a
keyboard split via yet-to-be implemented router support in FluidGUI.

Question is, can the fluidsynth router commands be used to configure a split?
If yes, how?  Please feel free to enlighten me on the purpose of the routing
feature.  Examples would be greatly appreciated.

As for router support in FluidGUI, I'm thinking this:

>    - Note: Routing script is an ordered set of one or more fluidsynth router
>      commands ( router_clear, router_default, router_begin, router_chan,
>      router_par1, router_par2, router_end)
>
>    - FluidGUI shall allow the routing script to be edited graphically
>      (i.e, in a text box widget).
>
>    - FluidGUI may support context sensitive editing of the routing
>      script (validation, command-completion, etc).
>
>    - FluidGUI shall allow the user to re-execute the script.
>
>    - FluidGUI shall allow the user to clear all route commands.
>
>    - FluidGUI shall save the set of route commands as part of
>      the current config and re-execute them automatically each time the
>      synth is started with that config.

Ken