Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Keyboard split via router commands?

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Keyboard split via router commands?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

Dave, thanks for the example.  I got your split working, but only when invoking
noteon events from a sequencer external to fluidsynth -- the fluidsynth
'noteon' shell-command apparently bypasses the routing logic.  This means the
split can't be tested with the virtual keyboard in FluidGUI.

Do you think its reasonable to manage the routing from within FluidGUI as a
block of text?  I can imagine other more complicated interfaces -- like
graphically spliting/resizing areas of a keyboard and assigning channels to
each area.  Also, it seems desireable to route not only note events, but pitch
bends,  etc.  Routing program changes for a keyboard split doesn't seem to make
sense though.

I've got a Yamaha keyboard at home that supports "dual" mode (i.e, assigning
two intstruments to a key).  I'm not sure if fluidsynth supports it yet, but if
the router is capable of sending incomming events on one channel to two others,
this could be achieved as well.

Thoughts?

Ken