Re: [fluid-dev] Re: installing fluidsynth + midishare on Mac OS X

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: installing fluidsynth + midishare on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:51:15 +0200

On May 24, 2004, at 3:27 AM, Joe Corneli wrote:

Well, I can play single notes, get no complaint about the absence of midi support, so I think it is working. Nice sound quality too!
Only thing is that

% clavier -o - | fluidsynth VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2

doesn't seem to produce sound. In fact, fluidsynth doesn't seem to be reading the midi output of clavier in real time. What I saw after typing into clavier and then typing "quit" into fluidsynth was the following:

Are you sure that clavier has MIDI capability?
Also wanted to mention: I just noticed one potential bug in the help:

noteon chan key vel        Send noteon
                ^^^
should that be "vol"?

"chan" is correct: it refers to the MIDI channel number.