Re: [fluid-dev] Re: installing fluidsynth + midishare on Mac OS X

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: installing fluidsynth + midishare on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 08:15:53 -0500

   Are you sure that clavier has MIDI capability?

Quoting from the clavier "homepage" --

 clavier is a program for the X window system that emits MIDI
 note-on/note-off messages when you press the keys of a on-screen
 piano keyboard with the mouse. You can also use your computer
 keyboard, like in a tracker program.
            -- http://helgo.net/fika/clavier

   > Also wanted to mention: I just noticed one potential bug in the help:
   >
   > noteon chan key vel        Send noteon
   >                 ^^^
   > should that be "vol"?

   "chan" is correct: it refers to the MIDI channel number.

Personally, I don't have any problem with "chan"... but I'm not so
sure about "vel".

Joe

PS.  I've cooked up a neat little emacs mode that provides the basic
"software keyboard in the background" features that I've been
wanting to experiment with, running under Emacs, and using the
noteon command.  I'll post it to the list when it is a little more
featureful.