Re: [fluid-dev] framerate

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] framerate
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:15:58 +0100

Hi Josh,
thanks for your very precise advices. Indeed, the advantage of writing my own interpolator is to master the aspects that are important for me. Thanks again,

:::::::::13/12/05::::12:16 -0800::::Josh Green:::::::::
Hello Antoine,
I think FluidSynth processes controller changes per its internal buffer
size, which I believe is usually 64 samples.  So updating at only 24 or
50 fps I think would likely be very perceptible.  Of course it all
depends on how fast the controller is changing.  If you are using
FluidSynth as a library, you could provide this functionality yourself
of course.  You can render a buffer of audio at a time, of any length,
using fluid_synth_write_s16 and fluid_synth_write_float.  So you could
create your own thread at that point, and interpolate controller
changes.  Your software would likely have a better idea of the best way
to interpolate those values as well.  This type of functionality could
be nice in FluidSynth as well, but it probably wouldn't get added for a

--

++ as