Re: [fluid-dev] Pitch problems with certain instruments

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Pitch problems with certain instruments
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:48:13 +0000

Hello Wolfgang,

I'm not sure what it could be at this point.  Do you have an example
SoundFont that you could send me (off the list) or point me to a link
where I can get it?  Also an example preset that exhibits the problem
could be useful.  I suspect there are still several synthesis bugs in
FluidSynth and I've been meaning to put together some test cases to
verify at the data level that it is operating correctly.  I have noticed
that the chorus effect has a tendency to make things sound rather out of
tune.  Try tweaking the chorus settings in the Plugins->FluidSynth
Control panel to see if it fixes the tuning problem.

As for Swami.  Yeah, development is dead on the 0.9.x branch.  I forked
it a long time ago (sheesh, like 4 years maybe) and I still haven't
managed to get the new and improved version out.  Maybe it will happen
someday, but I'm not guessing anymore.  Unfortunately that means that
the 0.9.x branch is still lacking a lot of features and can be unstable
sometimes.

Best regards,
        Josh