Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem

From: Julien Claassen
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:10:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi!
  I suppose timidity just should be your choice for simply playing midi-files.
Fluidsynth (and thus qsynth) can play midi-files, but I always felt that
fluidsynth's main-gola was to play sounds yourself and record them or use them
during performance.
  But you could use a complete midi-soundfont. There are a few nice ones:
fluidr3, Hubbe64 and a couple more, although these two are the best I found
for free. Really good work they did.
  Check out:
http://www.hammersound.net
  There you should find both of them. If not jst ask around, I believe the
fluidr3 is around a lot.
  About the warning messages: I don't really know, but fluidsynth should have
a debug compilation/configuration option, that you could use.
  Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net