Re: [fluid-dev] Gain distortion with many soundfonts

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Gain distortion with many soundfonts
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 21:57:44 -0700

Hello Bernat,

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question.  Unfortunately I'm not
sure currently what exactly causes this issue and I haven't yet really
put any time into figuring it out yet either.  As you mentioned though,
it does indeed seem like its a distortion that occurs even though the
sound card output is not maxed, which would indicate internal distortion
of some sort.  I suspect it might have to do with reverb or chorus (try
turning them off) or perhaps with the volume attenuation of samples and
how they are mixed.

I've added a ticket for this issue here:
http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/13

I'm currently working on getting Swami 2.0 released after which I'll be
putting some more time into FluidSynth.

Thanks for reporting this issue and your other findings.

        Josh