[fluid-dev] Feature request / plea, do you still take them

From: Julien Claassen
Subject: [fluid-dev] Feature request / plea, do you still take them
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:49:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!
I'd like to plea for a feature, which I would have found helpful for the last two years and it becomes more obvious to me, that this would be very good to my work. Could you route different note groups to different jack-output ports. So I could have some kind of configuration looking like this:
# route MIDI notes 62-66 to out_1 and out_2:
group_1 = 62,63,64,65,66
# route notes 68, 70, 72, 74, 75 and 77 to out_3 and out_4
group_2 = 68,70,72,74,75,77
  You get the hang of what I mean. Hopefully.
Why and when this would be of help: especially for playing drumkits, so you can directly route all the different parts to seperate outputs, which enables you to better edit and process the recordings. I play my fluidsynth live only, otherwise I could just recod MIDI and then run a filter over it. But alas I can't. anyone else here playing their fluidsynth/qsynth live?
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net