Re: [fluid-dev] Questions about fluidsynth router commands

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Questions about fluidsynth router commands
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:03:40 -0700

Hello Lutz,

I don't have much experience with using more than 16 channels of MIDI
with FluidSynth myself.  But have you tried using the "select" command
with higher MIDI channel #s?  For example:
select 20 0 1 2

Where 20 is the MIDI channel #, 0 is the SoundFont #, 1 is the bank #
and 2 is the program number.

If this doesn't work as expected, then its a bug and should be fixed.
Alternatively, I would think that connecting a program which can send
bank/program changes to the additional ALSA sequencer ports would work,
although perhaps not all that convenient.

Best regards,
        Josh