Re: [fluid-dev] Role of glib

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Role of glib
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:27:06 +0200

Le 26 août 09 à 21:03, address@hidden a écrit :

As for Windows, there have been contributions from many individuals, but I don't think we have ever officially knighted a Windows maintainer. Antoine Schmitt? Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas?

Hi all,
I'm following all these threads, but unfortunately, I don't have much time on my hands to work on fluidsynth these days.

I had indeed more or less maintained an old version of fluidsynth on the Windows platform, but I don't even have VisualC++ installed on my new PC these days, so I don't think that I can be the Windows knight...

Something that's more on my todo list is the iPhone port. I hope to be able to look into this one of these coming weeks. But again, no promises. So no knighting.

About the fluidsynth on iPhone, indeed dynamic libraries are impossible, but direct linking of libraries is possible AFAIK. So would that also make the resulting app LGPL ? I don't think so...

Apart from this, have no other clues, either about glib or fluidsynth. I'll keep you update as soon as I put my nose into this more deeply.

Cheers !

++ as