Re: [fluid-dev] Midi Tuning and Reset all controllers (121)

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Midi Tuning and Reset all controllers (121)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:51:51 +0100

Sven Meier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm tinkering with FluidSynth's support for Midi Tuning Standard, my
> code is calling fluid_synth_create_ocate_tuning() and so far it works
> great.
>
> But now my question:
>
> As soon as I send a "Reset all controllers" (121) controller change,
> FluidSynth seems to ignore my tuning configuration:
> - *Reset all controllers*
> - Bank select
> - Program change
> - select tuning bank/program
> - playing notes
>
> Note that if I send tuning bank/program select *before* resetting all
> controllers, the notes are properly tuned:
>
> - select tuning bank/program
> - *Reset all controllers*
> - Bank select
> - Program change
> - playing notes
>
> I would have expected it the other way around. Can anybody explain this?

Josh probably knows this better than I do, but I would say either

1) we have a reordering problem/bug (and if so, you can see if it helps
to put an one-second delay between every step and see if that resolves
the situation), or

2) reset all controllers does not reset the tuning. It could be that it
is the ordering of select-tuning and program-change that matters for
what tuning is selected.

// David