[fluid-dev] Midi Tuning and Reset all controllers (121)

From: Sven Meier
Subject: [fluid-dev] Midi Tuning and Reset all controllers (121)
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:13:38 +0100

Hi all,

I'm tinkering with FluidSynth's support for Midi Tuning Standard, my code is calling fluid_synth_create_ocate_tuning() and so far it works great.

But now my question:

As soon as I send a "Reset all controllers" (121) controller change, FluidSynth seems to ignore my tuning configuration:
- *Reset all controllers*
- Bank select
- Program change
- select tuning bank/program
- playing notes

Note that if I send tuning bank/program select *before* resetting all controllers, the notes are properly tuned:

- select tuning bank/program
- *Reset all controllers*
- Bank select
- Program change
- playing notes

I would have expected it the other way around. Can anybody explain this?

Thanks

Sven