[fluid-dev] Karaoke application

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: [fluid-dev] Karaoke application
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:25:36 +0100

Hi,

I've not yet announced here my little KDE application for playing MIDI/karaoke
songs. It is not very mature (release 0.2 will be published next week) but it
is already usable. Some links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmmB1svetwQ
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KMid2?content=116404
http://userbase.kde.org/KMid2

The current backend is based on the ALSA sequencer, with self made SMF parse
and playback features. It is for Linux only, using either external MIDI
synths, or sound cards with hw synths like Audigy/SB Live, or soft-synths.
For users' convenience, I've included the ability of launching fluidsynth or
timidity as child processes.

I've planned a future backend based on libfluidsynth directly, with SMF
parsing and song playback provided by libfluidsynth. This backend shall be
multiplatform, tightly linked to libfluidsynth (in opposition to the current
one that is only loosely tied). But this would require some additional
features to be added to fluidsynth...

Regards,
Pedro