Re: [fluid-dev] Imminent 1.1.3 release?

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Imminent 1.1.3 release?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:58:28 +0200

On Sunday 10 October 2010, Bernd Casper wrote:
> >It is just important to remember not to link to anything
> released under GPL at the same time that we link to ASIO.<
>
> Does that mean, a chain jOrgan (GPL) --> FS (LGPL) --> Jack --> ASIO raises
licensing problems, in your eyes?

Absolutely.

GPL and LGPL licenses require you to provide all the source code needed to
rebuild the distributed binary library upon request from an user.

Steinberg explicitly forbids you to distribute the source code of the ASIO
SDK, (or the VST SDK) when you accept the online download conditions.

If you distribute a binary product under a GPL/LGPL license linked to one of
those Steinberg SDKs you are going to break one license.

Regards,
Pedro