Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usage going fro

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Major degradation in sound quality & cpu usage going from Ubuntu 11.04 to 11.10
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:06:05 -0600

Matt:

I need JACK because I include audio files in my sequences.  I can even use it on a 450 megahertz machine.  I've learned a lot about using it in the past few years.  I use Rosegarden, and it's easiest to record audio tracks using Rosegarden.

I have learned how to use FluidSynth both ways, so I certainly can use it without JACK, if I choose to do so.

Still, I appreciate your advice.

Sincerely,
Aere