Re: [fluid-dev] Sending commands for fast renderer

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sending commands for fast renderer
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:24:48 +0000

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:13:49PM +1100, Matt Giuca wrote:
> Right, so I tried adjusting the "Reverb" knob in Rosegarden (connected to
> FluidSynth) and didn't hear much difference. I'm not entirely sure what all
> the reverb settings do (there are four), but I found that increasing the
> "room size" from the default of 0.2 to 0.8 made it sound very nice. I'm not
> sure how to do that (change the room size) via MIDI commands. Perhaps
> that's why I need a carefully edited soundfont too.

Generally, you add a modulator to the soundfont that maps a CC value
to one of the synthesis controls (if there isn't a default
one). Unfortunately roomsize (and the other reverb model parameters)
can't be changed like that; the only control you have is over the
level of reverb being mixed into the output.

Looks like there needs to be a better way to set the reverb model,
that's a missing piece here.