Re: [fluid-dev] Apt package dependencies -- WAS Re: Proposal: FluidSynth

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Apt package dependencies -- WAS Re: Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 15:45:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 8/5/12, Aere Greenway <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem I am experiencing is with trying to run a test
> of the fluidsynth release candidate.

Again, the real problem was depencies around a package that was alread
installed on your system:

   libjack-dev

which requires

   libjack0

which is jack 1.x.

Any attempt to load anything require jack 2.x would not actually install jack
2.x at all.  Until you explicitly remove both

   libjack-dev

and

   libjack-dev

which give you a clean slate relating to jack.  Once that is done, you can
install jack 2.x.  Otherwise, none of jack 2.x would get installed on that
system, and you should have problem with the currently being tested FluidSynth
-- because current Fluidsynth requires jack 2.x for testing (I believe).

If you still don't understand what I have written, it would still be a big
baffling mistery for you.

Jimmy