Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.6 has been released!

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.6 has been released!
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:31:36 +0200

On 08/16/2012 06:30 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
David:

Thanks for your hard work on this.  I look forward to using it.

Thanks for testing!

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on how this works, but I am wondering
if there is a policy in-place such that the next Ubuntu (or Lubuntu)
release (12.10, for example) will automatically pick up the latest
version (the version of fluidsynth you just announced)?  Or does it
require some other event to trigger it to pick up the latest version?

First, it requires somebody to package the new version up in Debian. Then it will be automatically imported when 13.04 development starts. If we want this in 12.10 - which we probably do - it requires somebody requesting a sync from Debian experimental (that is, once it has been packaged there).

// David