Re: [fluid-dev] fluid-dev Digest, Vol 127, Issue 5

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid-dev Digest, Vol 127, Issue 5
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:21:31 -0700

On 11/16/2013 12:45 PM, Иван Заярный wrote:
I understand that it can be hard generate sound from arbitrary position due ongoing sounds of previous notes.

I forgot to mention one assumption. In my case would be acceptably to cut off starting sounds. I make the assumption that melody starts from this new position(my offset from original position) and it has no previous sounds.

For example: I want render from 00:03, so i cut off all notes before 00:03

Of course I can generate temporary melody file that starts from position that i want. But I think fluidSynth allow just change position from which midi render should start working.

I've already tried change some position variables in fluid_player and fluidSynth, but that didn't change rendering position.

If you know an easy way to change starting position of melody without changing original midi file.
Could you help me and point to this way?

Just a word of caution on this, from experience.

Cutting off the sustain-pedal-on control can really make that portion of the piece sound different (and not good), particularly for a piano piece.

--
Sincerely,
Aere