Re: [fluid-dev] Status of synth.audio-channels and synth.audio-groups

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Status of synth.audio-channels and synth.audio-groups
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:03:12 +0200

Hi Lorenzo,

> Thanks for the pointers. From what you write, therefore, it is not
> currently possible to route each midi channel to an independent audio
> output with jack. Right?

It is possible. Have you tried smth like:

fluidsynth -o audio.jack.multi=no -o synth.audio-channels=16 -o synth.audio-
groups=16  "someSoundfont.sf2"

you should get 16 stereo output channels. and since there 16 midi channels,
each midi channel will get its own stereo channel. or which behaviour do you
experience?

NOTE: actually audio.jack.multi should be set to "yes". however this option
currently has inverse logic. thats a bug. leaving it at "no" should give you
multiple channels though.

Another bug related to that: whenever specify N output channels while N>1
there wont be any effects applied, see this ticket

https://sourceforge.net/p/fluidsynth/tickets/137/

I've attached two patches that should fix/workaround those two issues.

Tom