Re: [fluid-dev] Adding Poly/mono functionality to FluidSynth

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Adding Poly/mono functionality to FluidSynth
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 22:02:04 +1000

Hi

I downloaded the git snapshot, used the patch from Mr(?) Horn (thankyou), and re-complied.

I'm still experiencing the CPU runaway. It happens a) if I put the channel I'm using into MONO or b) if I use cc ch 68 127  (legato on). It doesn't matter which setlegatomode I am using for the channel. Note that it happens on 5 out of 6 of the voices I am using. I can't see any significant config differences between the voices when using Swami. One voice works fine.

The legato is working, and I have noticed that if I do a long descending glissando to the lower register on the clarinet, the voice that I end up with on the low note is the voice I started with - I don't get the low reedy sound until I stop and play the note again. Jean-Jacques said this was a limitation.

For info, I'm running a RPi2 with Raspbian Jessie, all latest updates installed. I'm trying to get legato working on channels 10-15 inclusive, and I'm not using the other channels.

Ben