Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI commands for reverb/chorus parameters

From: jean-jacques.ceresa
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI commands for reverb/chorus parameters
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 07:49:30 +0200

Hi, Ben
>How do I set the various FluidSynth parameters for reverb and chorus via MIDI commands, as opposed to putting them in a config file or via telnet?

As far i remember there is no specific CC in the MIDI specifications. Anyway, this should be done via MIDI sysex but actually I don't know if Fluidsynth have support. The same remark is true for settings "Basic Channel" from MIDI in the recent poly-mono patch. In this patch, this as not be implemented because of the lack of specification
knowledge about Fluidsynth sysex.
I remember that MIDI sysex has been used for "MIDI tunings". I wonder if someone know the specific sysex code relevant to Fluidsynth ?.

jjc

How do I set the various FluidSynth parameters for reverb and chorus via MIDI commands, as opposed to putting them in a config file or via telnet?

The parameters are things like room size, width , damping, speed, etc.

Ben