[fluid-dev] New patch: polyphonic key pressure (aftertouch)

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: [fluid-dev] New patch: polyphonic key pressure (aftertouch)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 00:44:22 +0200

Hi all,

I need polyphonic aftertouch for a project of mine and noticed that FluidSynth doesn't support it yet. So I've created a patch that adds that functionality. I have tested it with command line MIDI rendering and via the alsa_raw and the alsa_seq inputs. It does seem to work as expected. However, I would be very grateful if you could have a look at the implementation and check if I've made a mistake somewhere or if I've missed implementing it in other parts of the system.

https://sourceforge.net/p/fluidsynth/tickets/50/

To really test it out, you need a SoundFont with a Key Pressure modulator (my test font maps key pressure to coarse pitch). I've created a little MIDI file that plays two different notes on the same channel and send send lots of key_pressure events for only one of them. The result should be one note which stays in pitch, the other moves around in pitch. Please let me know if you want me to provide a test MIDI file and SoundFont.

Cheers,

    Marcus