[fluid-dev] New RFC patch: public API to manipulate default modulators

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: [fluid-dev] New RFC patch: public API to manipulate default modulators
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 00:42:54 +0200

Hello all,

following up on Kjetils request for non-standard "default" modulators in the thread about the polyphonic key pressure patch[1], I've created an RFC patch to add a new public API function to modify the default modulator list:
https://sourceforge.net/p/fluidsynth/tickets/166/

I would be very grateful if you could give me comments on that approach. Would an extension like this be acceptable for FluidSynth?

While there are ways to manipulate the default modulators by writing a custom soundfont loader, the amount of work needed to achieve this is quite high. One would have to recreate and modify the complete fluid_defpreset_noteon function. Using the patch in ticket #166, developers only need to set up the modulator and call one additional function.

I've tested the patch of course, but would also welcome further testing by others.

All the best,

    Marcus

[1] https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2017-05/msg00027.html