Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:08:19 +0100

> I read http://fluidsynth.sourceforge.net/api/ and basically understand how to
> set the synthesizer up, but unfortunately I don’t have a clue what to send to
> fluid_synth_write_s16 if I don’t have a driver.

You would use fluid_synth_write_*() to pull synthesized audio from the synth
and manually clobber that into ALSA, openSLES or whatever you use for playing
audio. I do not recommend this procedure, for exactly this use-case fluidsynth
provides audio drivers.

So again, I would welcome any PR or patch that adds openSLES to fluidsynth
submitted by someone who has tested it (or is able to do so).

Regarding building fluidsynth on andriod: I would appreciate a solution that
works with cmake, at least the wiki has some info about cross compilation if
that helps:
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/wiki/BuildingWithCMake#cross-compilation

I'm open to any change or addition to fluidsynth's cmake build system that
would make andriod builds possible or easier. However getting rid of the glib
dependency and providing a custom implementation of fluid_sys.c is not an
acceptable solution for upstream.

In every case: If you use fluidsynth for your proprietary [andriod|ios|...]
app, make sure you respect fluidsynth's LGPL:
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/wiki/LicensingFAQ#ios-and-the-app-store

Tom