[fluid-dev] Help with latency using bluetooth headphones

From: Paul Cohn
Subject: [fluid-dev] Help with latency using bluetooth headphones
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:34:10 -0500

Hello,

I'm developing a C++ application on OSX (eventually cross-platform) with fluidsynth. The basic function is musical typing with the computer keyboard similar to GarageBand. I don't have any problems when using the computer's speakers or wired headphones, but when using bluetooth headphones there's a noticeable lag. I haven't seen any lag with the headphones elsewhere where I try latency tests, and using garageband's musical typing isn't as slow to respond.

Has anyone had this problem, and is there any way to improve the latency?

Thanks,
Paul

---
Paul Cohn