freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3

From: taneem
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Akaash is not working with RH 7.3
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:37:18 -0500

Quoting Deepayan Sarkar <address@hidden>:
[snip]
> If you are trying to write something in Bengali, none of the softwares you
> have mentioned can do this (as far as I know). gedit should show you bengali

This is not true. One can write in Bengali with all of those apps. You just
need the bengali keyboard layout files.

please check the downlaod/documentation section of bengalinux.org for the
keyboard issue. Also for KDE apps, you will have to set the locale to bengali
too. You can find mini-howtos in the documentation section for both these two
issues.

> On Thursday 14 November 2002 01:36 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I used kwrite , kate , kedit & gedit & use the font from them all of
> them
> > produdces eng insteeed begali . should I have to use any special
> software.
> > I have pango installed also.

This e-mail has undergone DECONtamination.
http://www.deconference.com
http://www.eyetap.org