freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] IE6 and a-y-jawphola-akar

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] IE6 and a-y-jawphola-akar
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:29:27 -0600

On Saturday 16 November 2002 01:50 am, Kaushik Ghose wrote:
> minor point
> IE6 seems to screw up a-y-jawphola-akar yudit doesn't.
> using Akaash font

Uniscribe seems to have a different implementation for this (from before it
was included in the unicode standard). Now they agree in principle to change
it, but need to 'test' some more before actually doing that. (This is from a
VOLT message board posting.)

> PS. Do the browsers running off RH 8.0 now display bangla conjuncts
> properly ? i.e. the "native" browsers like konqueror or nautilus

Konqueror has no hope of doing this in the near future, since it would need
changes in Qt. Such changes are planned, but not expected anytime soon
(meaning at least next year). And as far as I know, Nautilus is not a web
browser (I might be wrong though).

Deepayan