freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] IE6 and a-y-jawphola-akar

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] IE6 and a-y-jawphola-akar
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:58:01 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Kaushik Ghose <address@hidden> wrote: > minor
point
> IE6 seems to screw up a-y-jawphola-akar yudit
> doesn't.
> using Akaash font

 As IE uses uniscribe(Microsoft's Unicode Shaping
Engine) and Yudit uses its own, so the difference. I
have written in detail about this in the mailing list
previously. In order to show a-japhalaa-aakaar in IE6
you have to use the combination a-zwj-aakaar as input.
Moreover there should be a open type lookup in the
font "Ya ZWJ -> japhala" which Aakash presently does
not have.(I'm sure Sayamindu will add this whenever he
has time). Mukti already contains the lookup, so you
can use it.
I am sending sayamindu the latest version of Mukti
(0.9.2). In addition to some bugfixes, new glyphs (as
per juktolist from Kaushik)and positioning adjustment,
I have added the Narrow Bold variety thus completing
the set. The Akruti set has no slanted variant, hence
there will be no Mukti Slanted. I am thinking of
converting Ani to a slanted font.

=====
Dr Anirban Mitra ||||        ||

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com