freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] akhands

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] akhands
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:08:52 -0600

Here's something to think about. MS seems to make a big deal out of 'Akhands',
which to me is hardly different from conjuncts (the so-called pre-base
substitutions). Anyone know what the distinction is ?

In any case, we have to decide which ones we are going to put in that
category. (When doing this for likhan, I basically put in those conjuncts
that are visually totally different from what any reasonable composition of
the components could look like. e.g., ক্ষ, জ্ঞ, ঞ্জ, etc, but that's not a
very convincing argument.)