freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Pfaedit question

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Pfaedit question
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:38:49 +0530

On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:33:46 -0500
Deepayan Sarkar <address@hidden> wrote:

> You are not supposed to do that. The splitting of the okaar into the ekaar
> and
> aakaar and reordering them as ekaar + ka + aakaar is supposed to be done by
> the client software doing the rendering (which has nothing to do with a font.
> Which is why you will see this done in gedit even if you use a font without
> opentype features).
>
> As you can imagine, the reordering is quite complicated when conjuncts and
> ZWJ/ZWNJ get involved (e.g., Yudit has a bug for words like 'jyoti').
> Microsoft has a page which claims to explain this algorithm as they have
> implemented it.

Goody.
Thanks about that.
I was actually thinking of this as a way to circumvent the OOo split vowels bug.
..anyway, do you have the URL for this M$ chotha ??

-sayamindu-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]
Get my Public Keys at http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/keys.html

Sub : Line numbering your programs (#1)              LOST #139

Want a listing of your program with line numbers ?
Try: nl -ba my_prog.c > my_prog.no.c
info or man nl for further details ...

: