[Freecats-Dev] WWW site on Savannah (or elsewhere)

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] WWW site on Savannah (or elsewhere)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:31:20 +0100

> Just to note down that Savannah does not provide MySQL or PHP on
> the WWW server. Thus, we cannot have Postnuke or something similar
> on there :(

Thanks for providing this info.

> The French (and the Spanish as well) Open-source team has a project
> on Savannah to provide shell access for their respective developers.
> Thus, the only way to add WWW pages on Savannah is to use CVS over
> SSH and go for W3 standards only.. :)

OK.

> Check out other projects' WWW pages to see what they can do without
> PHP/MySQL (it's amazing).

Well, any info about a compatible ("package" type) solution (as opposed to
"do it yourself with Emacs/Notepad/whatever hacker's trick") is welcome.

Does this rule out a Wiki?

I'm confident we will find a way. I also have some room left on our little
corporate site (even though I can't promise the bandwith can cope forever).

Also note that the Picolibre portal from the ENSTB (Ecole Nationale
Supérieure des Télécommunications de Bretagne) also accepted to host our
site. I first answered them it would be nice to host our French end-users
portal on it, but it might also be cool to host the full, multilingual
end-users portal we'll have one day on Picolibre (if feasible).

I'm sending a copy of this message to Eric Cousin in order to know better
what we can do on their Picolibre server. Eric, can you tell us if
mainstream PHP- and MySQL-based general-purpose portals like Post-Nuke can
be hosted at an individual project-level on Picolibre?

Regards,

Henri Chorand