[Fwd: [Freecats-Dev] Who to contact on the Linux side]

From: Simos Xenitellis
Subject: [Fwd: [Freecats-Dev] Who to contact on the Linux side]
Date: 29 Jan 2003 15:38:21 +0000

Hi,
I have sent this e-mail to gnome-i18n that I believe captures your
question.

simos

         Από:
Simos Xenitellis
<address@hidden>
       Προς:
GNOME I18n
<address@hidden>
       Θέμα:
About translating
documents
(.xml/.sgml) in
GNOME
Ημερομηνία:
03:37:12 +0000

Hi,

I am interested in the translation of .xml/.sgml files in GNOME 2.2
and I would like to ask if the following procedure is correct.

A. I get the latest snapshots (using CVS) of the packages listed on
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.1-core/
checking at the bottom of the page whether to get a branch or not.

B. Search for .xml/.sgml files in the packages and translate as
described in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-October/msg00030.html
but downloading the updated file from GNOME CVS, module 'intltool'.

C. Files can be found in, and then placed in:

a. One case (straightforward) is to create your own sub directory in
        C/
        es/
        no/

and place there the translated files. The source of the .sgml/.xml files
is of course the C/ directory.

b. In some other cases, the files are in a 'man' subdirectory, such as
./gnome-session/man/gnome-smproxy.sgml
./gnome-session/man/session-properties-capplet.sgml
./gnome-session/man/session-properties.sgml

[[Need advice on this]]

simos

--
Simos Xenitellis <address@hidden>