[Freecats-Dev] TR: Reference info - mailing lists - Communication

From: Henri Chorand
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:02:38 +0100

Hi,

Kirk just returned me the following (GREAT) links.

They point to countless mailing lists through which we'll be able to
communicate "en masse" about Free CATS - well, once we have defined more
accurately what to show at which stage and who to contact. Note that I have
not yet received any feedback about my suggestion to split and polish the
existing reference documents, then to publish them on Savannah.

So anyway, if anybody has some free time, could he/she browse these links
and make a single "Discussion lists" document, with the following
categories:

- Developers (related to CAT and therefore to Free CATS) - to be contacted
soon

- Translators (end-users) - to be contacted later on

In fact, we should include not only mailing lists in this document, but also
links to various research scientists in the field of language processing and
CAT.
For instance, a very interesting one for Thai (& other Asian languages) can
be found at:
http://crcl.th.net/

QUESTION
-------------
I believe we should manage communication efficiently - let's begin with
coders and free software "VIP"s, otherwise we might be temporarily flooded
with "good will" and newbie-questions, after which most people could very
quickly lose much interest in our project...

Or am I grossly misjudging translators, and isn't it the best way to find
"crossbred" translators+developers (if I may dare to say so)?
What do you think about it?

Anyway, here are the links.

P.S. The search engine at the "root" of foreignword.com site looks like a
Golden Mine. Avis aux amateurs...