[Freecats-Dev] Can you checkout RB Manager?

From: Simos Xenitellis
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Can you checkout RB Manager?
Date: 31 Jan 2003 01:43:25 +0000

I run it and I saw the initials 'TMX' somewhere in the 'Import' section.
Of course I did not manage to make any good use of it. If someone can
give a short summary, would be appreciated.

simos

``International Components for Unicode for Java

Resource Bundle Manager

Trying to manage internationalization efforts in anything but the
smallest of projects can be a difficult and time consuming task. In
fact, RB Manager as a project grew out of the frustrations and errors
that developed as the result of trying to maintain multiple language
support in a moderately large project. Relying on text editors and the
like decreases the chance that developers will properly comment each
aspect of each translation, increases the chance that errors such as
duplicate key names and inconsistencies across language files, and
increases the amount of time developers and translators have to spend
tracking down inconsistencies and untranslated resources.

RBManager offers the following features to correct these problems:

      * RB Manager can edit multiple language files when appropriate
      * Entries are checked for proper format and assured not to be
        duplicates
      * RB Manager provides a better grouping of resources, so that
        individual translations are easy to find
      * Each language file will display in its own view a list of only
        resources that are untranslated
      * RB Manager keeps track of statistics such as number of
        resources, untranslated items, etc.
      * RB Manager allows importing and exporting of translation data
        into multiple formats
      * Use of the application cuts down on development, translation,
        and debugging time in any internationalized setting``

--
Simos Xenitellis <address@hidden>