[Freecats-Dev] Domain name booked - [GANDI] FREECATS.ORG

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Domain name booked - [GANDI] FREECATS.ORG
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:09:25 +0100

Hi all,

> This is an automatic confirmation for the creation of the
> domain you just bought from Gandi :
>
>       FREECATS.ORG

Free CATS rulez  :-))

Well, now we only need to think about setting up hosting plans somewhere for
our user portal (let's say, I would love something to be ready within a
couple of months).

I'm not sure if we can presently have this domain name point towards our
Savannah site.

My registrar is Gandi (redirecting is free on their side) and it looks like
they only allow redirection to an IP address, so something MUST be set up on
the target server (mapping the domain name to a directory). I wonder if it
can be done with Savannah.

Does anybody happen to have some free disk space and bandwidth on an
Internet-connected server?

Icing on the cake ("cerise sur le gâteau" in French): if yes, some help
would be most highly appreciated in order to set up a Python/Zope-based
Plone portal (it's supposed to be really easy).

Mose, would Makina Corpus or somebody else you know provide any help on the
matter?

Anyway, I'm just asking, but as shows the following, you may be the person
we need in this respect:
http://makinacorpus.org/index.php/zope

P.S. Do NOT go to see freecats.com unless you want to see what really bad
registrars can come up to. I think that way, once we have set up our thing,
nobody (except hopefully a Tradosaurus) will have a chance to mistake it.
FYI: A Tradosaurus is a soon-extinct proprietary CAT software editor owned
by M. Guillaume Barrières in person.

Henri