[Freecats-Dev] Spell checking (was: Various feature issues)

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Spell checking (was: Various feature issues)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:11:24 +0100

As pointed out by Simos:
> There is spellcheching in OpenOffice.org and gradually more
> languages are included. Since it's included in OpenOffice.org,
> it's good to use.
> On the openoffice.org WWW site there is a list with all the
> supported languages.

That's great. We'll need to take care of the following:
- How to make OO spell-checker only read the target part in a bilingual working file
- How to enable the translator to add entries to the dictionary used.

So, I suggest using the Status flag as follows:
(at TU level, within project files)
0 untranslated                 Needs to be translated & reviewed
1 legacy (found in TM)         Needs to be reviewed
2 translated (previously 0)    Needs to be reviewed
3 reviewed (prev. 1 or 2)      Needs to be spell-checked
4 spell-checked (prev. 3)      Can be delivered

Well, this is Yet Another Good Reason to get in touch with the Open Office team!

Also see my next OO-related post :-)

Henri