Re: [Freecats-Dev] Interface/vote

From: Julien Poireau
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Interface/vote
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:17:12 +0100

I also agree with the fact that FreeCATS should be compatible with Trados files.

Wordfast is a good example of compatibility. No one can tell if a file has been processed through Trados or through Wordfast. The translation memory can be either in TMX or in TMW format. It can be imported/exported as a TMX or a TXT file. I think that Déjà Vu can also handle Trados files, but I've never had a chance to test this feature.

Trados-like software and stand-alone software both offer great advantages. The better would be to give the choice: A software which provides the translator with a GUI, or a module for a word processor...

Julien