Re: [Freecats-Dev] Microsoft buys yet another company...

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Microsoft buys yet another company...
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:00:31 +0100

Kirk McElhearn wrote:
Just saw an interesting article when surfing.  Microsoft
> will announce on Thursday that it will be purchasing
> Connectix in order to enter the server consolidation
> market.

What the f.

Read: also, possibly in order to perform yet another bad under-the-belt trick to the very idea of multi-OS client machines if they choose to.

I mean, they can even afford to buy this server virtualizer thing in order to incorporate it into Windows and to scrap the whole multi-OS deskstop stuff.

At Kemper DOC, we translated their Virtual PC software (V6.0) into French a few months ago (via a Californian translation agency) and I was impressed by this product.

Well, do we need such repeated "warnings" in order to cooperate more closely on free software projects?

Henri