[Freecats-Dev] About David Welton quitting Free CATS Dev list

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] About David Welton quitting Free CATS Dev list
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:16:33 +0100

Hi, all,

I don't like doing this, but the sooner, the better.

<Project Manager Mode ON>
All Free CATS Dev list subscribers could read David Welton's last post and
appreciate the circumstances in which he left.
Ever since I contacted him (before he joined our list), David has been
paying a lot of attention to our project, even though he told us from the
start he did not have enough available time to contribute to it, on top of
his ongoing work within Apache Tcl project.
So he may have taken the same decision anyway, but obviously we showed him a
less than perfect attitude.

While I believe no dirty words were sent, still, some things might have been
better said with a softer tone, especially if stated by true newbies
(meaning, non-computer freaks).
I hope everybody will understand what a positive attitude and a less than
positive attitude can bring in terms of results.
I would not like to have to switch the list in moderator mode. I hope you
got my point.
</Project Manager Mode OFF>

Henri